Top 5 Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Lice
Louse is the most common parasite infesting the human scalp especially those of children- the condition known as head lice infestation or pediculosis. It is contagious and spreads very fast among people who come in contact with the child suffering from it. Thus, immediate action should be taken to get rid of lice. They feed on human blood by sticking their straw like mouth through the skin on scalp. This leave sores on the scalp, which are more or less like mosquito bites. It is very itchy and thus, the disease can be easily identified.
A number of over-the counter options are available to get rid of lice but most of them have pesticides. Who wants to expose their child to pesticides at such a small age? Find out some natural ways which can be very helpful to get rid of lice.
- Use of vinegar to get rid of lice- Vinegar is made up of a number of acids. These acids are very effective in removing egg sacks sticking to the roots of the hair. Vinegar cannot be used as a complete treatment to get rid of lice. Lice combs, consisting of teeth made up of hard material and placed very close to each other should also be used.
- Applying tea tree oil– It is the most natural method to get rid of lice. Tea tree oil is a naturally occurring fungicide which can effectively kill all the lice and their eggs in the head. It might not be very effective in all the situations, but works much better than other commercial solutions consisting of pesticides and chemicals.
- Use a natural solution– Over-the–counter solutions with natural ingredients can also be used to get rid of lice. They will not only keep your head free from lice but also prevents your scalp from harmful ingredients. You can also prepare your own solution at home by using natural ingredients.
- Apply Vaseline and mayonnaise to get rid of lice– Applying them and keeping them overnight can suffocate all the lice and nits in the head. This is a very messy method as it is difficult to remove them. Mayonnaise can be removed easily but Vaseline is hard to wash off.
- Use of prescription drugs Ulfesia– Ask your doctor for this non- pesticide drug to get rid of lice. It asphyxiates the respiratory spiracles of lice choking them to death.